Dedicated to helping others learn about various topics in the data realm. Work together, have fun, and learn from each other. Are you DATAcated?
- Every month a new data-related topic will be posted on this site
- The goal is to research the topic and provide a summary (100-300 words) of your understanding/ perspective using the form below; submit by end of the month
- All approved posts will be published on the Story by Data blog
- The individual(s) that provides the BEST summary will be announced and their post will be shared broadly across social media sites!
- The WINNER will also receive a prize (varies monthly)
Want advice on how to create the BEST post? Click here for some post criteria.
*Please write your full name at the bottom of the post content.
May 2020: Discuss some common pitfalls faced when working on a Data Science project and how to avoid them
Giveaway Prize: One person will receive a 45 min call with Michael Green – a mentoring session on becoming a data scientist.
SUBMIT RESPONSE BY EOD MAY 22, 2020
Winner: Satyabrata Majhi
April 2020: What are the pros & cons of an online data conference?
Giveaway Prize: VIP Passes to either APAC Cloud Data Summit on April 21-22, 2020 OR North America on May 26-27, 2020 [Online Conference]
Winners: Satyabrata Majhi , Tripp Parker, Ruben Barrios
March 2020: What are the essential components of a data story?
Giveaway Prize: Data Story Academy 3-part course ($349 value) from Zack Mazzoncini
Winner: Bobby Yee
February 2020: Select a data science/ artificial intelligence trend and describe it’s potential impact
Giveaway Prize: 2 VIP Special Conference Passes for AI Science Conference in NYC https://aiscienceconference.com/
Winners: Sheetal Sekhar, & Mykel G. Larson
January 2020: Describe the difference between Machine Learning and Deep Learning
Giveaway Prize: Deep Learning Illustrated: A Visual, Interactive Guide to Artificial Intelligence by Jon Krohn
Winner: Jothi Abarna – Research Associate