Dedicated to helping others learn about various topics in the data realm. This project will allow everyone to work together, have fun, and learn from each other. Are you data-cated?
- Every Friday a new data-related topic will be posted on this site
- The goal is to research the topic and provide a summary (100-300 words) of your understanding/ perspective using the form below (by end of day Thursday
- All approved posts will be published on the Story by Data blog
- The person that provides the BEST summary will be announced on Friday and their post will be shared broadly across social media sites!
- The WINNER will also receive a prize (varies every week)
Want advice on how to create the BEST post? Click here for some post criteria.
*Please write your full name & title at at the bottom of the post content.
|WEEK #||DATE||TOPIC||GIVEAWAY||WINNER NAME||LINK TO POST|
Qualities that make a great data scientist
|2||1/11/2019||Provide an example of a business use case/ application for data science||Adeola Adesoba||Data Science for the Goals (SDGs)|
|3||1/18/2019||What are some limitations of deep learning models?||Jennifer Cooper||Deep Learning: 3 Limits we face trying to replicate the human brain|
|4||1/25/2019||Discuss the importance of having a data strategy for a business||
by Bernard Marr
|5||2/1/2019||Provide an example of an application/business use case of Natural Language Processing (NLP)||
Natural Language Processing (NLP) using Python from Analytics Vidhya
|6||2/8/2019||A. Discuss the trade off between bias and variance
B. Select and describe a machine learning algorithm
The 100 Page Machine Learning Book by Andriy Burkov
A. Discuss the need for standardization of data science roles and the discrepancy between the job descriptions and the true needs of the business
B. Describe some best practices or considerations in hiring data science teams
Up-Level Your Data Science Resume by Kristen Kehrer